Reporting to the Construction Manager and the General Superintendent, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running and day-to-day monitoring of the site. In addition, this person will be responsible for mobilization, start-up and demobilization of the site. Depending on the scope of the project, he or she may be assisted by a foreman. Your mission will be to preserve the family atmosphere and strong team spirit that prevail within the work team.
More specifically, the Superintendent will :
- Under the supervision of the Manager, the incumbent will primarily oversee the construction site assigned to him/her;
- Plan and organize the execution of his/her construction site in terms of manpower, materials and equipment;
- Plan and organize the execution of the construction site with the specialized contractors selected by the management team;
- Support the project manager in developing and monitoring the site schedule;
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure progress on follow-up files such as QRTs, shop drawings, changes and site problems;
- Ensure compliance with the company's code of ethics, as well as health and safety on job sites;
- Ensure customer and professional satisfaction;
- Assess the training needs of site personnel and inform the management team;
- Establish work methods to optimize personnel performance on job sites;
- If necessary, collaborate in the closing of tenders to validate the working hours of site personnel and their vision of site organization;
- Participate in quarterly management meetings;
- Participate in site meetings with professionals and subcontractors;
- All other tasks related to optimizing construction sites.
- Be an ambassador for the RIOUX brand and all its divisions;
- All other related tasks.
Your experience and skills include :
- DEP in a technical trade in the construction sector, BAC an asset;
- Have worked mainly in the commercial/institutional sector;
- Minimum 15 years' experience in construction site management/supervision;
- Read and understand architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical drawings;
- Good knowledge of technologies, regulations, norms and standards in his/her field of activity;
- High availability and recognized leadership;
- Good judgment, team spirit, flexibility, conflict management, good communication skills, punctuality, good time management;
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, reliability and resourcefulness;
- Fluency in written and spoken English would be an asset;
- ASP card (Health and Safety on Construction Sites);
- High degree of geographical mobility.
What's in it for you :
- Employee benefits card offering rates at our hotels and other group benefits;
- RRSP with employer participation;
- Scholarships and continuing education;
- Flexibility and autonomy;
- And much more…
Employment conditions :
Full-time work (40 hours per week), over 4 days.
Salary and benefits according to experience and skills.
Workplace : Travel to job sites in Eastern Canada.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion :
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Start date :
To be agreed.