Reporting to the Director, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning and organizing assigned construction projects, from start-up to final acceptance. He/she must act as an effective intermediary between the various parties involved (customers, professionals, subcontractors, etc.). He/she will be asked to collaborate in the bidding process and to analyze calls for tender.
More specifically, the project manager will have to :
- Analyze and understand plans, specifications and tender documents;
- Ensure the preparation of execution schedules, check progress against these data and follow up with the parties concerned (customer, professionals, president);
- Determine requirements, define project needs and propose various applicable solutions;
- Prepare scope of work and participate in sub-contract negotiations;
- Follow up on changes (samples, shop drawings, etc.) and project administration;
- Participate in coordination meetings with customers and professionals;
- Apply the organization's quality program;
- Collaborate with foremen in supervising the work of subcontractors and site employees;
- Keep abreast of laws and regulations to ensure that all work performed complies with current codes and regulations;
- Keep abreast of new trends and develop work methods to optimize work to ensure profitability and remain competitive;
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with all stakeholders;
- Monitor the quality of work performed and record relevant information (photos, etc.).
MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN, MATERIAL AND FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Coordinate budgets, code costs and follow up on invoicing and payments with the accounting department;
- Apply the health and safety program;
- Analyze project costs on a weekly basis and take corrective action if necessary;
- Ensure best prices for all materials according to projects;
- Be an ambassador for the RIOUX brand and all its divisions;
- All other related tasks.
Your experience and skills include :
- DEC in Building Engineering, Estimating and/or any other training deemed relevant;
- Have worked mainly in the commercial/institutional sector;
- Minimum 5 to 8 years' experience, including at least 3 in a similar position;
- Ability to mobilize a work team and facilitate collaboration;
- Professional attitudes and behaviors (autonomy, integrity and trust);
- Organizational skills, initiative and leadership;
- Ability to work to relatively tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of management principles and relevant computer systems (Office Suite, Microsoft Project, AutoCad an asset, etc.);
- Interpersonal communication skills;
- Good written and spoken command of French, with knowledge of English considered an asset.
What's in it for you :
- Employee benefits card offering rates at our hotels and other group benefits;
- RRSP with employer participation;
- Scholarships and continuing education;
- Flexibility and autonomy;
- Possibility of working remotely (telecommuting);
- And much more…
Employment conditions :
Full-time work (40 hours per week), Monday to Friday.
Salary and benefits according to experience and skills.
Telecommuting possible, weekly travel to current job sites and occasional travel to Matane head office required.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion :
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Start date :
To be agreed.